Thank you for a fabulous 2016 Trash Fashion and Costume Contest. If you missed the amazing show, the winners and select outfits from the Trash Fashion Show will be featured in a curated gallery exhibit at Winterowd Fine Art on December 9th-10th. This is a chance for designers to experience having their art featured in a gallery and to build their art portfolios/resumes! Learn more HERE
Recycled fashions must be made of at least 75% recycled or reused materials that otherwise would be thrown away or recycled. Vintage clothing and clothes made out of trash bags will not be accepted. Complete outfits recommended. Only one prize per designer.
Congratulations to all of the 2016 Trash Fashion Show Contestants and to the 2016 Trash Fashion Show winners!
- Child Category 9-11 years old
- Honorable Mention - La Catrina by Isle Franco
- Third - Christmas Tree by Desiree Valdiviezo
- Second - Future Ball Gown by Willa Heil
- First - Jellyfish Fantasy by Jaeda Panagos
- Teen Category
- Honorable Mention - Heartbreak of Me by CHarlize Johnson
- Third - Breaking News by Liza Doyle
- Second - The Butterfly by Deedee Jansen
- First Place Tie - New York Times by Jackie Gondara
- First Place Tie - Shooting for Peace by Josette Gurule
- Adult Category
- Honorable Mention -Kentucky Derby by Donna Barnitz
- Third - Call Me Maybe by Katherine Lewis
- Second - Boquets of Buttons of Flowers by Frances Porterfield
- First - Rubber Hide by Virginia Sterpka
- Individual Categories
- Best Fiber Outfit - Cashmere 2.0 by Tess Degange
- Best Paper Outfit - Call Me Maybe by Katherine Lewis
- Best PlasticOutfit - Birds on Bags by Sara Weiner
Recycle Santa Fe's Trash Fashion & Costume Contest has had many high fashion entries, to rival the likes shown in Paris and Milan runways, thanks to the efforts of many budding "Fashionistas." The wildly popular fashion show has never failed to surprise and entertain the crowd and is a great opening event for the festival. Come see extraordinary people transforming garbage to glamour and strutting their stuff down the catwalk. When your kids get tired of that trampoline, do what these folks do-- turn it into a hot looking Goth evening gown!
Distinguished judges have a difficult time judging this event. This show has always been outrageous in the past and we are sure this year it will be a blast!
Friday general admission (purchased at the door) $5 and under 12 are free. The Friday night recycle fashion show is at 7pm, tickets include general admission and are $15-20 and may be purchased ahead of time through www.ticketssantafe.org or by calling 988-1234.
To purchase a DVD of previous Trash Fashion & Costume Contest, please contact Doreen Gallegos of Wildfire Productions at firstname.lastname@example.org
2013 Contestants you can see and/or order your portrait photos by LuAnne DeMeo by visiting www.luannedemeo.com
Check out a video of the 2012 show here
Recycle Santa Fe Art Fashion Show will continue to grow as a favorite, inviting both young and old to bring out their most ingenious and trashy costumes and fashions to compete in a fashion show like no other in Santa Fe!
To see the 2013 winners and photos click here.
See what one of the original trash fashion contestants and show coordinators, Nancy Judd, is up to now. Visit www.recyclerunway.com.
Recycle Runway is a recycled fashion show touring the country that includes fashions from previous Recycle Santa Fe Fashion Shows, www.recyclerunway.com.