Thank you for a wonderful 2015 Trash Fashion Show! To see a few photos, visit Chasing Santa Fe’s blog here. The 2016 show will be on Friday, December 2, 2016 so start saving those bottle caps or old straws or ice cream spoons or toilet paper rolls now!
Friday general admission (purchased at the door) $5 and under 12 are free. The Friday night recycle fashion show is at 7pm, tickets include general admission and are $15-20 and may be purchased ahead of time through www.ticketssantafe.org or by calling 988-1234.
Recycled fashions must be made of at least 75% recycled or reused materials that otherwise would be thrown away or recycled. Vintage clothes & clothes made out of trash bags will not be accepted. Complete outfits are recommended. Only one prize per designer. Due to the large number of participants the teen and child categories are only open to Santa Fe area youth.
Congratulations to the 2015 Trash Fashion Show winners.
- Child Category 9-11 years old
- Honorable Mention – Frank the Amazing Bugatron 2000 by Reilly Brislawn
- Third – Fire and Ice by Lily Grogan
- Second – Southern Belle by Josette Gurule
- First – Princess Parasol by Aviva Nathan
- Youth Category
- Second Place – Plastic Cup Can Can Dress by Jordan Howe
- First Place – 1950s Fashion by DeeDee Jansen
- Teen Category
- Honorable Mention – The March of Women Dress by Liza Doyle
- Third – Secondary Fashion by Sabrina Castleberry
- Second – Newsworthy by Liza Doyle
- First – Vestiges of the Future by Yarrow Schultz
- Adult Category
- Honorable Mention -Ready to Ship by Melisa Hart
- Third – BYOB Bring Your Own Bag by Natalina Oliverio
- Second – Mad Hatter by Katy Hees
- First – Clockwork Dragon Dress by Sara Basehart
- Individual Categories
- Best Fiber Outfit – Were all Vulnerable by Monica Biderman
- Best Plastic Outfit – Plastic Cup Can Can Dress by Jordan Howe
- Best Metal Outfit – Clockwork Dragon Dress by Sara Basehart
Trash Fashion & Costume Contest
Honorable Mention, 3rd, 2nd & 1st place awards will be given in the following Categories:
Adult (20 and older) 1st Place $250 Cash, Gift Certificates Others
Teen (16-19 years old) 1st Place $150 Cash, Gift Certificates Others
Youth (12-15 years old) 1st Place $100 Cash, Gift Certificates Others
Child (9-11 years old) 1st Place $50 Cash, Gift Certificates Others
Young Child (8 and younger): All Children receive an award and are not included in the judging portion of the show (5:00 arrival time).
Overall Categories: 1 award (non-cash) in any of the age groups given for each of the following: Best Paper Outfit, Best Plastic Outfit, Best Aluminum Outfit
We will display the outfits from the Fashion Show on Saturday and Sunday so folks that missed the show can still see these amazing works of art.
Recycle Santa Fe’s Trash Fashion & Costume Contest has had many high fashion entries, to rival the likes shown in Paris and Milan runways, thanks to the efforts of many budding “Fashionistas.” The wildly popular fashion show has never failed to surprise and entertain the crowd and is a great opening event for the festival. Come see extraordinary people transforming garbage to glamour and strutting their stuff down the catwalk. When your kids get tired of that trampoline, do what these folks do– turn it into a hot looking Goth evening gown!
Distinguished judges have a difficult time judging this event. This show has always been outrageous in the past and we are sure this year it will be a blast!
To purchase a DVD of the 2014 or 2013 Trash Fashion & Costume Contest, please contact Doreen Gallegos of Wildfire Productions at email@example.com
2013 Contestants you can see and/or order your portrait photos by LuAnne DeMeo by visiting www.luannedemeo.com
Check out a video of the 2012 show here
Cash and Prizes are awarded to Adult, Teen, and Child categories.
Recycle Santa Fe Art Fashion Show will continue to grow as a favorite, inviting both young and old to bring out their most ingenious and trashy costumes and fashions to compete in a fashion show like no other in Santa Fe!
To see the 2013 winners and photos click here.
See what one of the original trash fashion contestants and show coordinators, Nancy Judd, is up to now. Visit www.recyclerunway.com.
Recycle Runway is a recycled fashion show touring the country that includes fashions from previous Recycle Santa Fe Fashion Shows, www.recyclerunway.com.