Thank You For a Wonderful 2015 Event!
Recycle Santa Fe Art Festival
Thank you for helping to make the 17th annual Recycle Santa Fe Art Festival a success and for joining us for a weekend of unique art that not only looks great on your walls or around your wrist, but also keeps items out of our landfills!
Check out a few images of the 2015 show from Chasing Santa Fe HERE
Save the date for the 2016 show - December 2-4, 2016.
Wanting more recycled-art? Contact our 2015 artists HERE
2015 Santa Fe Recycling Festival
- Friday, November 20, 2015 - 5 PM to 9 PM
- Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 9 AM to 5 PM
- Sunday, November 22, 2015 - 10 AM to 5 PM
Santa Fe Community Convention Center, 201 W. Marcy Street (Downtown Santa Fe)
The country’s largest and oldest recycled art market, Recycle Santa Fe Art Festival, is dedicated to showcasing art created from discarded materials. This exciting weekend-long event kicks off with Friday night’s famous Trash Fashion and Costume Contest, then continues with an inspiring art market, adult and student juried art exhibits, and make and take art activities. We're excited to bring in more than a hundred artists for the 2014 show from New Mexico, Colorado, Illinois, Missouri, Wyoming, Arizona and elsewhere that offered their original pieces for sale in the Art Market and display their work in the juried art exhibit. Every year, this event attracts thousands of art lovers and the eco-conscious holiday gift-giver attracted by the art deals, family friendly art making activities, gallery-worthy exhibits and the perfect gifts.
All art consists of a minimum of 75% recycled materials – everything from vintage tin cans turned into beautiful earrings to scrap metal sculptures. Artists successfully upcycle trash into treasure, combining recycling and innovation to show creative ways to save our resources, while making one of a kind art. The event demonstrates the resourcefulness of the artists and has grown into a powerful economic development tool for existing and emerging artists.
So much to take in!
- The famous, wild and crazy Trash Fashion & Costume Contest. The most original fashion show in Santa Fe at 7:00 pm! .
- Trash Fashion & Costume Contest will include an American Sign Language Interpreter
- Announcement of Juried Art Exhibit winners (adult & student) following the Trash Fashion Show.
Saturday & Sunday Highlights
- Kids of all ages can enjoy the recycled art activities all day on Saturday and Sunday (make and take art) The ever popular Make and Take section is always a great activity for young and old to create a recycled work of art to take home and enjoy. There are lots of odds and ends materials that you can use to create your own unique work of art, including recycled tins, records, fabrics, wire, magazines, and so much more!